The majority of motorist have never been to the Park before and are unaware of the narrow-winding roads with over 300 curves, and hundreds of Cyclists. As a result, many of them pass cyclists on blind curves. Kiosk attendants are required to give the Verbal Motorists Safety Advisory to every motorists entering the Park. Please let us know if this safety message is being provided.
Mount Diablo State Park Verbal Motorist Safety Advisory
Approved by Park Superintendent: Jan 2018 (videos added)
- Welcome to Mount Diablo State Park!
- Only pass cyclists at designated passing zones and at Bike Turnouts.
- DO NOT PASS BIKES ON BLIND CURVES!
- Expect descending cyclists, pedestrians and animals in the roadway.
- Take your time and drive safely.