Video Camera Count

Cyclists, Vehicles & Pedestrians

 Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd, Easement, Alameda Diablo Rd and South Gate Road 

Sept 2, 2019 (Monday - Labor Day) (9:30 am - 11:15am)

1. 131 Cyclists traveled on Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd to/from South Gate Rd (Mount Diablo State Park)

  • 68 Cyclists rode up Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd toward South Gate Rd
    • 32 (47%) Cyclists rode from Alameda Diablo Rd, Easement to Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd
    • 36 (53%) Cyclists rode from the Athenian School direction entirely on Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd toward South Gate Rd
      • 36 (100%) of 36 Cyclists that rode from the Athenian School directon DID NOT CROSS THE VIRTUAL CENTERLINE
  • 63 Cyclists rode down Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd from South Gate Rd
    • 34 (54%) Cyclists used the Easement to connect to Alameda Diablo Rd
    • 29 (46%) Cyclists rode entirely on Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd toward the Athenian School
  • 66 Cyclists traveled on the Easement
  • 65 Cyclists traveled only on Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd

2. 145 Vehicles traveled on Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd to/from South Gate Rd (Mount Diablo State Park)

  • 85 Vehicles drove up Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd toward South Gate Rd
  • 60 Vehicles drove down Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd from South Gate Rd
    • 50 (83%) of 60 Vehicles that drove on Mt. Scenic Blvd from South Gate Rd CROSSED THE VIRTUAL CENTERLINE  The other 10 (17%) Vehicles slowed down and/or stopped briefly (traffic jam) at the 16ft width road (cement culvert) to allow oncoming vehicles to proceed from the opposite direction
    • 46 photos of Vehicles Crossing the Virtual Centerline (BOTTOM OF PAGE)

3. 11 Pedestrians used the Easement to/from Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd

  • 7 went up toward Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd toward South Gate Rd
  • 4 came down from Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd

4. 20 Pedestrians walked/jogged entirely on Mt Diablo Scenic Blvd 

  • 13 Pedestrians went up Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd toward South Gate Rd
  • 7 Pedestrians came down Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd from South Gate Rd

46 PHOTOS OF VEHICLES CROSSING

THE VIRTUAL CENTERLINE